This page is to highlight some of the reviews, commentary and historical posts that I’ve done for other publications.
- The Future Machine: The Writers, Editors and Readers who Built Science Fiction, forthcoming.
- Changing the Skies: Curtis LeMay and the Cold War transition of U.S. strategic airpower from planes to missiles, Armchair General Magazine, November 2011
- Ernie Harmon’s Battle of the Bulge: The feisty 2d U.S. Armored Division commander led “the cavalry to the rescue” at the height of the German Ardennes Offensive, Armchair General Magazine, November 2012
- Admiral Dewey and the Battle of Manila Bay, 1898: The Spanish American War began with a naval battle – and a Pacific empire at stake, Armchair General Magazine, September 2013.
- Sinking An Ally, 1940, Armchair General Magazine, May 2014.
- NU to the Rescue: Irene relief efforts mirror those of 1927 Flood, Norwich Record, Winter 2012
- Out of the Ashes: How An Irish Episcopal Priest Saved Norwich University, Norwich Record, Spring 2012
(Click site for specific bibliography)
- A Dribble of Ink
- Barnes & Noble Sci Fi & Fantasy Blog
- Clarkesworld Magazine
- The Functional Nerds
- Geek Exchange (Geek Magazine)
- Kirkus Reviews
- Lightspeed Magazine
- Norwich Today
- Prime Books
- Science Fiction Book Club
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America
- Staffer Book Reviews
- Strange Horizons
- The Unofficial Clone Wars Site
Geek’s Guide to the Galaxy
- SF Signal Podcast, Episode 2
- SF Signal Podcast, Episode 4
- SF Signal Podcast, Episode 6
- SF Signal Podcast, Episode 7
- SF Signal Podcast, Episode 59
- SF Signal Podcast, Episode 101
- SF Signal Podcast (Episode 113): Military Science Fiction, Part 1
- SF Signal Podcast (Episode 115): Military Science Fiction, Part 2
- SF Signal Podcast (Episode 123): Military Science Fiction, Part 3
- SF Signal Podcast (Episode 127)
- 2009 Fall Conference, Northeast Popular Culture Association: Byron Clark, YMCA Camp Abnaki and the Progressive Era.
- 2010 Spring Conference, New England Historical Association: The Military Roots of Manned Spaceflight.
- 2012 Spring Conference, New England Historical Association: Norwich University and the Battle of the Bulge.
- 2012 Fall Conference, New England Historical Association: Panel Chair, Books and Cultures
- 2013 New Genre Army Conference, University of Lincoln: War Fighting Generations and Interpretation in SF
- 2013 Colby Symposium, Norwich University: Norwich University & the European Campaign in WWII
- 2013 75 Years of Science Fiction: An Interdisciplinary Conference, University of Vermont: Setting Up the Golden Age of Science Fiction
- 2014 Tolkien in Vermont Conference: Bombadil and Other Middle-earth Mysteries, University of Vermont: Building Fantastic Worlds: How Tolkien Created the Modern Fantasy Genre
- 2015 Tolkien in Vermont Conference: Medieval Verse Narratives, University of Vermont: Modern Fantasy’s Roots in Medieval Verse