So, christmas is over, the shoppers are returning things and everything is back to normal right? Wrong. The mall is still playing christmas music. Did I miss something and is christmas still a couple days away, or is our mall manager just extremely forgetful? Whatever it is, it’s irritating and annoying.
Christmas was fun – spent a couple days at home with the family, which was nice. We haven’t all been together for a while now, given that I’ve moved out and my brother is away at college. It was good to get together with people.
Things I aquired:
- A Crack in the Edge of the World, Simon Winchester. I was thrilled to get this – I loved Winchester’s Map that Changed the World, about the first geologic map, which was a fantastic read into the history of geology. This one looks to be just as good.
- Love, by the Beatles. This album is amazing. ‘nuf said.
- Very spiffy framed art piece with books and a cool quote. That went up on my wall the minute I got back.
- iPod Charger. Which is fantastic, because my other one
was stolenwalked off during the summer.
- Random articles of clothing, which were needed
- Money, a couple of gift cards – Have several plans to use those tomorrow. Planning on getting Iron Sunrise by Charles Stross and Broken Angels by Richard Morgan, and adding them to my reading list.
- Things for my car, which will be handy
All in all, it was a pretty lowkey day, which was nice. Got through to Altered Carbon, caught up on some sleep, all of which was nice. And now I’m working every day of the week through to next Thursday. Ugh.